Describing Data Discoveries from Day to Day
- Create an HDInsight Cluster in Azure with PowerShell
- Deciphering U-SQL's Error Messages
- Resolving "No Events Found" When Sampling Data with Azure Stream Analytics
- U-SQL Pickiness - Resolving Common Syntax Errors
How do you create an HDInsight Hadoop cluster programmatically in Azure with PowerShell? Here, I walk through what you need to know and provide a sample script.
When your U-SQL Job fails, look closely at the Details secion of the message to decipher what's going on.
No events found for "HubName"... Ugh. If you're pretty sure data is making it to the Hub, but you're unable to get Stream Analytics to sample from the stream, check out how I was able to resolve this issue.
Here are a few "gotcha's" to look out for newcommers writing U-SQL for Azure Data Lake Analytics from a T-SQL background.
- What is a Dimensional Model?
- Winning with Dimensional Models in the Age of Big Data
Let's unpack the term "dimensional model" to see if we can make heads of tails of what the words mean when they're put together in this term.
Is dimensional modeling still relevant in the age of big data? Here are 5 reasons why the answer is an emphatic "yes"!
General Data Concepts
- Breaking Down Data Analysis vs Data Analytics: A Look at the Suffix
- Patterns and Key Words of Predictive Analytics Questions
- What Types of Data Analysis Are There?
- What is Data? (Like I'm 5)
Question: How would you explain "data analysis" vs "data analytics"? Clues lie in the suffix!
How do you know if someone is asking a question that's a good fit for using predictive analytics to provide the answer?
How can we categorize the data analyses we do? How are they related, and does one kind of analysis set you up for another? Let's explore...
- Predictive Analytics vs Machine Learning - What's the Difference?
- Stages to Machine Learning
Are predictive analytics and machine learning the same thing? If they're not, what's the difference?
What does it take to really do machine learning? Explore these 11 stages to an effective machine learning process.
- What is the tilde (~) "symbol" in R?
If you were to put words to what the tilde (~) symbol is in R, how would you explain it or interpret it?
- Fix SSIS Flat File Destination Error: Cannot open the datafile
- Where is the SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services License Key??
Here's how to fix the "Cannot open the datafile" error with SSIS Flat File Destinations.
After running the SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services standalone installer, you'll be presented with a dialog asking for a Product Key. Where is it??